Already Hosted vs. Custom Hosted e-Commerce Software
Traditionally to sell your products online you needed to buy a domain, find hosting, install software or hire a company to install, customize and design your online store. Here are the pros and cons of the original solution.
Custom Hosted Pros
- Flexible in Customization
- Cheap Scripts already exist.
- Can be low cost if you are a web developer and designer.
Custom Hosted Cons
- If you are not a programmer customization is a pain or expensive.
- Hiring a company to design and create your store is a big expense.
- You have to pay hosting costs on top of the initial design/implementation.
- As your online store grows, hosting becomes a pain and a big cost to manage.
Already Hosted Pros
- Cheap startup cost (as low as 9.99$/month).
- No hosting headaches and setup.
- Anyone can do it. You don't need to be a programmer or designer to get started.
- No programming maintenance. These services always add more features over time and you don't have to do anything to get these updates.
- If your online shop gets more popular scaling technology is taken care of, just watch it grow.
- Many services to choose from so you can find what you need at an optimal price.
Already Hosted Cons
- Some of these services have sharp learning curves to using their system.
- Not all of these services are perfect and they themselves have different pros and cons over each other.
My goal here at Simple Web Stores is to list and review the best online hosted ecommerce store solutions to help you chose which one is best for your business. We will be giving full detailed reviews and definitely accepting user reviews as well.
Simple Web Stores is your one stop community and information site for hosted ecommerce shops, so stick around for a great user experience and lots of updates!
Still to come: My next post will be listing the top already "hosted" services, so stay tuned and if you have any questions or feedback please let me know!